Changing Dimensions of network security
With the increase in use of technologies like big data, data mining and data integration, data security has become a pertinent question. Breaches reports are raised day by day. Some of the factors which are of concern are mentioned here:
- Use of big data : the much sophisticated tools not only extract data from your social media networking websites they even let spiders to enter your system and look into your personal files stored on your desktop, laptop or even mobile phones.
- Phishing: this is not a new concept, cybercriminials use this for over a decade, they flood the IT sector with useless information so as to backchannel the information they needed.
- Politically sponsored attacks: government led intelligence agencies attack other governments power projects, transportation and other facilities in order to create chaos.
- Machine learning: artificial intelligence is the new way of society learning, this brings a tender touch to explicitly programmed subsets creating data packets.
- Mobile applications: organizations emphasis on use of applications give less time to developers to check out bugs in their programmed apps which led to hackers in providing a safe way to access your device without your knowledge.
Department of Management Studies